Five Ways To Honor Our Veterans
Veterans Day is coming up, and Prince William & Manassas is the best place to honor those who have fought for our country. Even if you cannot celebrate on Veterans Day, there are a lot of ways to recognize the sacrifices and achievements of our veterans every single day. Below are some suggestions for events and places to go to honor America’s many heroes.
1. Attend the 7th Annual Greater Manassas Veterans Day Parade on November 7th, the Saturday before Veterans Day. This parade is a great way for families to honor all veterans. This colorful and exciting celebration will have representatives from the Vietnam Veterans Motorcycle Association, the United States Marine Corps, the Freedom Museum, and so much more. Don’t miss out on a great traditional celebration of those who have fought for our country.
2. Celebrate the United States Marine Corps’ Birthday! The Marine Corps will celebrate its 240th birthday on November 10th. Visit the National Museum of the Marine Corps to remember those who have fought for our country and to view American history through the eyes of the Marines. To make this day even more special, there will be a cake-cutting ceremony during which the oldest marine and the youngest marine present will be recognized.
3. Visit the Veterans Day Wall of Honor at Leesylvania State Park to honor local veterans. The park will have a temporary “Wall of Honor” in the Visitor Center that will display photos and stories of veterans. Visit any time between November 11 and November 15 to remember the sacrifices that have been made for our country. The parking fee will be waived for this event.
4. Visit the Quantico National Cemetery to remember those who have given their lives for our country. If you know someone who was buried at the cemetery, then Veterans Day is a great day to visit and celebrate his or her life. Another great way to honor veterans is to participate in the Missing in America Project (MIAP). You can read about MIAP efforts at Quantico National Cemetery here. For more information about a MIAP group experience, contact email@example.com.
5. Go to Heritage Brewing Company for a beer with a veteran! Heritage Brewing Company is veteran owned and operated, so you can visit any day to honor our veterans. On Veterans Day, Heritage Brewing will hold a special event to salute those who help protect our freedom. All veterans will receive a free beer and a hot dog as a small token of gratitude for their service.