Celebrate Memorial Day Weekend in Prince William, VA[Problem with one of widgets on this page]
Memorial Day Weekend is Saturday, May 26, through Monday, May 28, 2018. For some this marks the official start of summer, for others it’s a time to get out and enjoy the long weekend with friends and family. No matter how you chose to celebrate, remember that the holiday is a time to remember those who have fallen while serving our armed forces allowing us to enjoy our freedom each and every day.
(Photo: Quantico National Cemetery)
For those of you planning to visit our nation's capital over Memorial Day Weekend. We are conveniently located 30 miles from Washington D.C.
Here are our list of events and exhibits you may want to attend. Check back for new event postings.
- National Museum of the Marine Corps - Adjacent to Marine Corps Base Quantico, visitors can immerse themselves in the sights and sounds of U.S. Marine history.
- Rolling Thunder XXXI - Motorcyclists from all over the U.S. ride to honor POWs and MIAs who served their country during the Vietnam War. The motorcycle rally begins Sunday, May 27 at 9 a.m. The ride begins at the Pentagon and winds through West Potomac Park, only 25 miles from Woodbridge (I-95) and 28 miles from Manassas (I-66).
- National Memorial Day Concert - This free concert honoring the sacrifices made by those in uniform is held on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol. The concert is scheduled for Sunday, May 27 at 8 p.m.
- National Memorial Day Parade - The parade is held along Constitution Avenue in Washington DC. The parade is scheduled for Monday, May 28 at 2 p.m. Arrive early for prime viewing.
- National Mall Memorials - The National Mall features several memorials honoring U.S. veteran where you can pay your respect: the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the National World War II Memorial and the Korean War Veterans Memorial.
- Arlington National Cemetery - Arlington National Cemetery is the country's largest military cemetery. The cemetery also contains several historic sites for visitors to explore including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, President John F. Kennedy's gravesite and Arlington House, the former home of Robert E. Lee.
- Quantico National Cemetery - Located adjacent to Marine Corps Base Quantico, this national cemetery is the final resting place for many military veterans. This cemetery also includes nine memorials dedicated to war heroes along its Memorial Pathway.
- Brewgrass Festival at Farm Brew LIVE - "Celebrate all that is good!" Spend Memorial Day Weekend (May 25th - 27th) at Farm Brew LIVE. Enjoy nine bluegrass bands, more than eleven beers on tap at 2 Silos Co. and house-smoked Pit BBQ. Admission is free.
Take advantage of our proximity to Washington DC and our affordable hotels.
- Visitors staying in Prince William, VA can easily access Washington DC via I-95, I-66, Virginia Railway Express (VRE) or metro. Travelers using the VRE can take either the Manassas Line or the Fredericksburg Line. Both lines end at Union Station in Washington DC.
- Visitors staying in Prince William, VA have numerous options for accommodations and amenities along both I-95 and I-66. Book early to ensure availability over the busy holiday weekend.